Nearshore vs Offshore
Offshore outsourcing is typically sourced from across the globe. The main downsides are the time zones differences which make difficult to coordinate work for dynamic projects, language barriers, cultural differences, and it may be harder to evaluate a company from so far away. Popular offshore locations are India, the Philippines, UK, Poland, and Ukraine.
Nearshore outsourcing refers to hiring a team that is located in countries near you. For the United States and Canada, Colombia is strategically located for a number of reasons:
- Geographic proximity
- Cost Savings
- Timezone: working hours overlap.
- Cultural Affinity
- Ease of Doing Business.
- Scalability: Access to tech talent in abundance
- Highly Educated tech population
- Convenient flight times from the United States/Canada to Colombia
- More Enthusiastic and stable Workforce